1. Some dating sites claim to have thousands of members, but many of the profiles turn out to be fake. How do I know the members on this site are real?
A. We promise never to create bogus members to pad our site. We will certainly never send you messages from users who do not exist (a common problem on other, less reliable sites). Our goal is to help you find a match, not further our own agendas!
2. There are a lot of guys out there who will go to great lengths to impress a girl. How do I know the DateBritishGuys.com guys are really British?
A. It’s simple. Just check their verification status. Every DateBritishGuys.com member is identified as “verified” or “unverified”. For guys, a “verified” status means they’ve proven to DateBritishGuys.com that they are, in fact, from the Motherland.
3. How do you know if members are over 21 years old?
A. Again, all you have to do is check their verification status. Part of the verification process includes proving you are 21 or over.
4. I am currently listed as unverified. How do I become verified?
A. It’s pretty easy. Every member who signs up is automatically assigned an “unverified” status. All you need to do to become verified is fax (917-210-3283) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us a copy of a picture ID (like a driver’s license or a passport). Ladies, make sure your ID clearly displays your date of birth and US address. Gents, please prove that accent is real with a UK address (and of course, your age!).
Remember, we’re not interested in stealing your identity, so please block out all personal information like your street address (we’re only looking at city and state), license number or passport number. And don’t worry – we won’t ever pass on your information to any 3rd parties in order to make money. We now do keep your ID on file, because otherwise you would need to send it again every time you added a new profile photo. We currently do not offer telephone support, however leave your contact number on your email and we can give you a call to explain something that has not been satisfied over email.
5. I’m not comfortable sending a copy of my ID. Do I need to be verified to use the site?
A. Of course not! You are free to search for matches, chat with members and even arrange meetings, no matter what your status. Some members may choose to only speak with verified users. Others may be open to chatting with anyone. It’s up to you to choose how you want to use the site. We’re only here to guide you.
6. How can I be sure that the person in a profile picture will be the person who shows up on my date?
A. This is a major benefit of DateBritishGuys.com’s verification process. When you send us your ID, we compare the photo to your DateBritishGuys.com picture. This way, we can make sure our users are getting what they expect. You may be thinking, “But I took my driver’s license picture 4 years ago after rolling out of bed at 7 AM following an all night pub crawl!” Relax! We know people change and we’re not going to judge. Maybe you’ve lost 400 pounds since coming to the states. Maybe you’re six years older. As long as we can tell it’s you, you’ll be verified.
7. How do I upload additional photos?
A. On your profile page, there is a button to upload additional pictures. You can add as many photos as you like (please keep them around 100kbs in size each). We recommend adding at least 4 to 5 pictures so other members get a better sense of who you are. You may want to include at least one picture of yourself from head to toe to really show off your style.
8. Certain members keep emailing me even though I’ve told them I’m not interested. I’m tired of their emails flooding my inbox. Is there anything I can do?
A. A great feature on DateBritishGuys.com is the “Blacklist”. Adding members to your Blacklist prevents them from contacting you. Members who are on your Blacklist will also not appear in your searches (so unless you bump into them in the street, should never see or hear from them again on this website). Beyond this please contact us via email if you encounter any pests.
This feature allows you to only search for new members, too. By adding all existing members to your Blacklist, your search results will only return new member profiles.
9. I want to join DateBritishGuys.com, but I do not want to give any other members on the site my personal information, such as my email address. Is this information kept private?
A. We ask you to provide us with your personal email address when you sign up for DateBritishGuys.com so that we can send you notifications and information about the site. Your email will never appear on your profile page and will never be given out to other DateBritishGuys.com members. If you wish to provide your personal contact information to other members, that’s up to you.
10. I noticed that your “Dating Advice” section suggests participating in Love, Becca events. What is Love, Becca and how can I join?
A. Love, Becca is the entity behind DateBritishGuys.com. It is a network of friends (both single and attached) that holds events in the New York City area. It’s a great way to meet new friends, make connections and perhaps even find a date. To join, check out our "Love Becca Group" on Facebook.
11. There are some features on this site that I don't like or that I think could be improved. How can I contact you to share my ideas?
A. We love hearing from you and appreciate all of your suggestions. DateBritishGuys.com can only grow and improve through feedback from our members. We encourage all members to let us know what you think. To send us an email with suggestions or concerns, visit the “Contact Us” page and drop us a line.
12. Is there a matching program on the site and how does it work?
A. We built a simple app in the site that is very easy to use. First, search for members. Then whilst scrolling through them you will see on the right hand side a question about whether you would wish to grab a coffee with this person or not. If you select not, they are removed from your future searches (and are not aware you removed them). If you say yes to a coffee, nothing will happen at this point. It is only if the other member also finds you in their own search and say yes to a coffee, that we send both of you an automated email confirming you both want to communicate. It is not about chemistry or value matching, as we know that many relationships have opposites attracting. There are no formulas for finding love, but there are smarter methods.
13. I found the love of my life on DateBritishGuys.com and now I want to share my story with everyone. Can I add a testimonial to your “Success Stories” page?
A. First of all, congratulations! We’re so happy you found someone special and we would love to share your story with our other members. Visit the “Contact Us” page and send us an email with the subject line “Success Story”. Tell us a bit about your first date, your first impressions of one another and where you are now. We’ll review your story and will contact you if we want to share it with the whole site.