The dating scene can be a scary place, especially now that we live in a digital world. Online dating is the new way to meet people and it brings its own set of rules. Ben Elman, the founder of DateBritishGuys.com and Love Becca, gave Marvelous Girl some great online dating tips:
1. Instant message before meeting in person. It’s a great way to get to know someone without nerves of a face-to-face meeting. You can build rapport and get out some of those pre-first date jitters.
2. Check out your crush’s Facebook page to get a better sense of who they are. Think you’re interested in someone, but aren’t 100% sure you want to take it to that next level? Ask to see their Facebook page.
3. Plan a daytime date. Break free from the traditional dinner and drinks. Dating during the day opens up the possibilities for dating activities. Take a trip to a museum. Check out an art gallery.
4. Opt for brunch over dinner. Maybe you like the idea of getting to know someone over a meal, but agree that dinner can often come with some uncomfortable strings attached.
5. Leave your Ex at home. Your date knows you’ve had relationships in the past, but they don’t want to hear about them on your first date.